1. Date and Time. Sunday December 6, 2015, 9 am start for the 5k, 9:05 start for the 1 mile. On-site registration will begin at 8 am.
2. Location. Freestone Park, 1045 E. Juniper Road, Gilbert, Arizona
3. Route. To be determined.
4. Registration/Fees. Early registration by November 16 is encouraged. The 5k fee is $25 until 11/16/15 and $35 11/17/15 – 12/5/15. The 1 mile fun run fee is $15 until 11/16/14 and $25 11/17/15 – 12/5/15. Registration can be done online here (coming soon), or you may print a registration form from the above link and send it to the address on the form. Race day registration will be $40 for the 5k and $30 for the 1 mile. Only cash or check will be accepted on race day. Credit cards will not be able to be processed on site. The virtual run fee will be $25 regardless of when you register.
5. Race T-shirts. Race t-shirts will only be guaranteed to those participants registering by November 16, 2015.
6. Inclement Weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
7. Timing. The official timing provider for this event is StartLine Racing.
8. Awards. Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female participants in the 5k event. Certificates will be given to the top 3 male and female participants in the 5k event according to the following age groups: 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
9. Proceeds. 100% of proceeds from this event will be donated to the Batten Disease Support and Research Association in memory of Broxton Taylor.
10. Strollers/Pets. Jogging Strollers may be used on the course; however, we ask that you please start at the back of the pack. Pets are not allowed on the course.
11. Refunds. Race registration fees are non-refundable nor are they transferable. However, if you are unable to run you may still pick up your race t-shirt and join us in the fun.
12. Water/Refreshments. We will have a pre-race water station set up. There will be one water stop approximately halfway through the 5k course. There will not be water provided on the 1 mile course. There will be water and refreshments available post-race.
13. Virtual Run. The virtual run is a way for you to participate in the Run for Broxton even if you aren’t in the local area. Register for the race for the virtual run fee of $25 and we will send you a T-shirt so you can show your support of this event and the BDSRA!