1. Date and Time. Sunday February 10, 2013, 9 am start for the 5k, 9:05 start for the 1 mile. On-site registration will begin at 8 am.
2. Location. Freestone Park, 1045 E. Juniper Road, Gilbert, Arizona
3. Route. To be determined.
4. Registration/Fees. Early registration prior to January 20 is encouraged. The 5k fee is $25 prior to 1/20/13 and $35 after 1/20/13. The 1 mile fun run fee is $15 prior to 1/20/13 and $20 after 1/20/13. The kid’s dash is a free event, but we do need registration forms completed for each participating child. Registration can be done online here (coming soon), or you may print a registration form from the above link and send it to the address on the form.
5. Race T-shirts. Race t-shirts will only be guaranteed to those participants registering by January 20, 2013. T-shirts will not be given out for kids dash participants.
6. Inclement Weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
7. Timing. The 5k event will be ChampionChip timed through the services of All Distance Running Race Management, LLC.
8. Awards. Awards and/or certificates will be given for the 5k event only. Top 3 overall male and female and Top 3 male and female in the following age groups: 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
9. Proceeds. 100% of proceeds from this event will be donated to the Batten Disease Support and Research Association in memory of Broxton Taylor.
10. Strollers/Pets. Jogging Strollers may be used on the course; however, we ask that you please start at the back of the pack. Pets are not allowed on the course.
11. Refunds. Race registration fees are non-refundable nor are they transferable. However, if you are unable to run you may still pick up your race t-shirt and join us in the fun.
12. Water/Refreshments. We will have a pre-race water station set up. There will be one water stop approximately halfway through the 5k course. There will not be water provided on the 1 mile course. There will be water and refreshments available post-race.